Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I sit in my usual quad with my usual GO Train friend, across the aisle from the usual lady.

We stop at Pickering. A man (I guess to be in his 20s) gets on and sits in the quad across from us with the lady. He kicks up the padded seat and sets his feet on the plastic chair.

Now, I know that many people have issue with this, but I don't. Not really. Kick the seat cushion up or take your shoes off to put them on the seat...I'm ok with that. But this is rush hour. And our car may not be full today, it's still busy. The day has just started. It's not like you've been at work for ten hours already and have had enough and need to put your dogs up.

But it doesn't end with buddy's feet on the seat.

He's huffing and puffing, as though he's in discomfort, massaging his belly and chest once in a while. I'm thinking, "He better not have a heart attack on the train."

He fidgets a lot. Feet up, feet down, head back, head up. He plays with his cell, huffs and puffs. Then he puts his feet up on the seat in front of him (not under the cushion but right on top, on the edge), slumps down in his seat so that his back is parallel to the floor and his head is just resting against the seat-back. He crosses one leg over the other and spends most of the trip lying prone like this.

Are you fucking kidding me? Get your sorry lazy up and act like a grown up. I bet he's related to Snot Rocket Guy.

No comments: