Friday, July 15, 2011

Took the 20:13 from Union. A relatively quiet trip, though I did have to listen to my BB to drown out all the talking.

When we got to Ajax, the stairwell doors only had one door operating. Buddy in an orange vest was doing some work on the door. I couldn't tell what it was; the glass was intact, and he had no tools that I could see. But he was standing, holding the door closed, preventing everyone from walking through, forcing everyone to funnel through one door.

There were a few ladies (and I use that term loosely) that came up the side and crowded at the front of the group, not bothering to line up with everyone else.

One of them says: "They're making us all go through one door."

I said: "Yes. And that would imply that everyone lines up."

She glanced back, but said nothing. When we got through the doors, she had the balls to walk down the centre of the stairwell.

Now, let me digress for a moment: People who walk down the centre of the stairwell really piss me off. I realize it's a petty thing, but if you think about it, it's really not. There is enough room for two people to walk the stairs side by side. This allows faster walkers to pass on the left. At this moment, I would like to take the time to remind everyone that walking is much like driving a car. Keep right if you're walking slow, keep left if you're passing; though I realize there's a shitload of assholes who drive slow in the passing lane.

So, Miss Budinsky walks down the centre of the stairwell. Slowly, no less. Blocking the way for everyone behind her. No one can get by her. I'm livid. I walk up behind her.

"Pick a side honey and get the hell outta the way."

Oh, don't gasp like that. At least I didn't push her down the stairs.

3 comments:

RonNasty said...

You need to learn how to tap the funnybone from behind. Why do they call it that anyway?

C.J. Smith said...

You need a Like button!!!

GOTransitBitch said...

Oh Ron...you ARE nasty!

Hmmm, C.J. ... not a bad idea. I'll get on it.