Monday, July 18, 2011

The quiet car can't be implemented fast enough.

The entire way home, I had to listen to a mother talking on the phone to god-knows-who. She was in the quad next to the stairs. I was at the opposite end. The OPPOSITE END!!! And I could still hear her conversation.

Her mangy kids were shouting and carrying on. They couldn't all sit in the same quad. No! One brat had to sit in the quad with his mom and SHOUT to his brother over in the quad opposite.

Then the little girl started singing.

Now, I like me a good show tune now and again, but not on the GO Train and not when I caught the 7:01 to come to work and I'm going home on the 18:43.

To top it all off (cuz, let's face it, every sundae should have a cherry) the geek in front of me pretending to read the newspaper kept sniffling. And not just sniffling, but sucking back boogers with a ferocity that would have made the Dyson guy proud.

I wanted to move. Don't think I didn't consider it. But oddly enough, the train is pretty full at that time, and I'm a firm believer in the phrase "better the devil you know".

So I plugged in my ear buds, zoned out, and imagined where I'd hide the bodies while I listened to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

2 comments:

Jen said...

The 5.20 a mom gets on with a tank of a stroller. The 2 year old shrieks several times and the mom doesn't do anything because she is busy talking on the phone.

On the other side of the coine, another family gets on and ends up divided - 2 parents and 2 or 3 kids - at least the mom told the one or 2 children not sitting with her when they "visited" that they needed to sit with the dad and be good. And she kept an eye on all of them from her seat. That is how you parent.

GOTransitBitch said...

@Jen: Amen, sister!