Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to school, back to work. My usual car was surprisingly empty this morning. Perhaps all the anxious parents stayed home to send the kiddies off to school.

We did get this message from GO Transit:

At GO Transit, we take your safety seriously and your safe commute with us begins as soon as you enter our parking lots. As a result, we'd like to remind you to always park in designated spots. Parking in an emergency access route, blocking other vehicles with your car, or limiting access to accessible parking spaces may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed.

This is a perfect example of how my generation has raised a subsequent generation of spoiled brats. We don't discipline. It's all about time outs and never following through with the threats. When my dad said he was going to turn around and go home if we didn't cut it out, he meant it. He only did it twice before we realized he meant business.

Wagging your finger at stupid commuters is not going to solve the problem. If you say you're going to tow, then tow. Piss or get of the pot, GO Transit.

And may I add that someone needs to speak to the illiterate commuters at the Ajax station. There is a designated Kiss-n-GO area. Granted, it's under construction. I get that your commute is screwed up. But there is a specific area that is NOT a drop-off or pick-up zone. That's the area by the day care centre.

People rip through there like it's the Indy and pay no attention to commuters walking through the lot. They get pissed off at us when we walk through the lot. My response is, you shouldn't be there. There's a huge-mother sign that says this is NOT the drop-off area. I can't tell you how many times I've smacked the back window of a car that is backing up. Why do I smack the window, you ask? Because the asshole driving the car would have hit me otherwise.

And they get mad because I've hit their window.

First of all, it's highly unlikely that my superpowers lend to breaking windshield glass. And second...you shouldn't be in that area! Read the fucking sign. Me smacking your windshield is far less troublesome than the criminal charges that will follow if you hit me. Trust me on this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, more and more people have the attitude that the rules don't apply to them. That they're somehow "special". And since there are rarely consequences (like getting towed), they continue to behave like the arrogant pricks they are. It's all the "me first", "I'm special" attitude. I'm sick of it.

Jen said...

Personally, I have the same complaints about that parking lot. Before they closed the North lot down for the construction-that-will-never-start, I parked there. When leaving said lot, I refused to let the people out of that parking lot. Why should I? They are the inconsiderate ones.

In fact, it so enraged a man one day that he laid on his horn, gave me the finger and once he got behind me - I was turning left, he going straight through - and passed, leaned out the window yelling and screaming as he sped through a yellow light.

Not necessary. And where is a cop when you need them?

Anonymous said...

Long time no bitching on this blog. Nice to see you raging again!