Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I know. I've been busy. Not to mention these meds are working very well. I'll speak to my doctor and tell him to cut down the dose. My peeps need to hear me rant. I'm sure he'll understand.

The last few days have me hankering to bitch, though. I was on vacation last week, and yesterday...my first day back and Monday, no less...I'm surrounded by talkers.

Talkers in the morning. Talkers in the evening. Jesus, people! Shut the EFF up!! You don't need to shout into your cell phone. The microphone amplifies your voice and the caller can hear you quite well. So can I, for that matter, four rows down from you! I don't care if your brother can't make it to the party. No one else on the train cares either. I felt really bad for the poor shmuck sitting beside the woman last night who nattered on and on and on and on....

I did see something quite peculiar this morning that made me laugh. I was walking to the office, my GO sidekick next to me. As we approached Bay and Front, we both noticed a woman in front of us, holding a baby carrier. You know the kind...nest the little one in the carrier so it can coo and laugh and sleep, and the handle flips up for carrying.

Well, the carrier was empty, except for a bottle of apple juice.

My sidekick turns to me. "I think she forgot something on the train."

"I think so, too," I say.

"She didn't listen to the announcement to check under the seat and make sure she collected all of her personal belongings."

"No she didn't."

2 comments:

C.J. Smith said...

Ba ha ha ha.
Nice.

Anonymous said...

I don't get why people yell into their cell phones either. If they can't hear you on the other end, there is this remarkable feature called volume control...