December 7, 2011

The Ajax GO Station parking lot is a complete clusterfuck.

A new parking garage is being built. An excellent idea, as you need to have a Sherpa guide to get to the back lot. The problem is that the former Kiss-and-Ride is now closed. There's a new K&R, just south of the old section. It is a longer walk, but only about two minutes. It's not like it doubles your commute time.

Of course, the lazy asses who can't walk the extra two minutes are dropped off on the opposite side. The side that pedestrians walk through, where a convenience store and dry cleaners are located, and where the day care centre is located.

There is a large sign that says this is not the drop-off zone. It even has an arrow pointing you in the direction you should go, in the event that the Ministry of Transportation has issued a driver's licence to an illiterate person.

Still, assholes drive through that section every fucking day and drop off their lazy passengers. Keep in mind that this section is a dead end zone. There's no place to turn around. So these morons are doing three-point turns (and not very well, I might add) at the same time everyone else is. It's just a matter of time before the area is turned into a bumper car lot.

And it's just a matter of time before a pedestrian is struck.

We all know the construction won't be done any time soon, nor will it be completed on time. Do we have to wait until someone is hurt before something is done about this?

2 comments:

Squiggles said...

A lot of those people were doing the drop off/pick up there before the clusterfuck. I deal with either A) when walking to/from home, walking randomly through the cars, holding them up or B) when driving, NEVER letting them into the left turn lane. I will kiss the bumper ahead of me to not let them in.

Why should I? They are in the wrong and do not deserve to save time, at my expense, on their way home.

Of course, this is not without risks. I had someone completely freak out - profanities both oral and physical, shouting, histronics, etc. - one night.

GOTransitBitch said...

Squiggles: I do the same thing! I take my time walking through the parking lot. You're not supposed to be there, so you can bloody-well go around me! And I love the left turn. You rock!