December 6, 2011

How hard is this to figure out?

If you go up the left side of the elevator, you go out the left side of the double doors.
If you go up the right side of the elevator, you go out the right side of the double doors.

This isn't rocket science. It's basic logic. And manners.

Don't go up the right side, then cut in front of me when I'm on the left, so you can go out the one open door that all the other lemmings are filing through. If you do, I'm going to step on your foot or bang into you. And don't look at me as if it's MY fault. You're the idiot who didn't look before changing lanes.

And if you're walking up, don't stop six steps from the top. The escalator isn't going to suck you in (though I really wish it would). Keep walking. There are more people behind you. I'm one of them. And as I've said before, it's all about me.

5 comments:

Dan-1 said...

People are morons that way.

RonNasty said...

I always wonder who was the numskull that decided an escalator is a good idea in a busy train station. Ever notice that when an escalator is turned off people find it even MORE difficult to use?!?!

GOTransitBitch said...

Dan-1: Aren't they?

RonNasty: I know! It's as though their brains have lost the capacity to put one foot in front of the other. If only I could show them where to put their foot.

Squiggles said...

At the Ajax station, I know I have done the above scenario. BUT, it is at 6:30am and no one is around, except for the idiot who can't read the sign and stand at the top of the escalator holding everyone up. Because apparently, it is too damn cold at this time of the year to walk 5 steps to the shelter.

If these people were forcefully moved, then I would exit on the side that I am on heaidng up the escalator.

GOTransitBitch said...

@Squiggles: I don't have a problem when no one is around. And I'm sure you take a look before changing lanes. And I hate the wimps, too. What the hell are they going to do when Winter comes??! I make a point of brushing against them when I pass.