Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OH HAPPY DAYS!!!

I didn't go to work yesterday, so I missed the first day of GO Transit FuckUpAlooza. And thank the gods for that, cuz if the text messages I received are any indication, I stayed home on the right day.

As most of you know, by now, Ajax GO Station is under construction. The most recent phase is to install a pedestrian tunnel from the platform. When it's done, it will be a good thing. But, until then, we get to deal with half a platform. This will likely take a year to complete.

Oh joy.

Oh bliss.

The one and only good thing that has come of this is the security. This morning, as I came up the escalator, my heart sang out! At the top of the stairs was a yellow-clad security guard, ensuring that the doorway was clear, and no one was blocking the exit.

Hallelujah!!

It was all I could do to keep from doing my Happy Dance. This construction thing may not be so bad, after all.

1 comment:

Squiggles said...

I know! I did a shout out to you in a submission to This Crazy Train yesterday!

I actually used the GO station this weekend and there wasn't any of this both Saturday and Sunday at Ajax. There were people at Union making certain that the Ajax people got on the right cars. And as an added bonus, some tool on Saturday was complaining on the phone that he felt violated because the GO people were asking for destinations, to make certain that people went far enough down the platform.