January 6, 2012

Am I the only person who gets pissed off at the scrum jumpers? I'm talking about the people who join the group of commuters already gathered together at the point on the platform we're all sure the conductor will align the car door.

Completely aside from this rant, let's all agree that the conduct screws this up on a regular basis. Now let's move on.

When I arrive at the station in the morning, there are perhaps ten people positioned where I usually get on. I stand at the back of the scrum. Many of the people who come after me walk straight to the front and stand at the yellow line. Really? Who are you that you're more important than the other people who were here ten minutes ago? Do you mind if I 'accidentally' step on the back of your heel when you walk in front of me?

The evening shenanigans are not much different. The crowd gathers at the double doors to the stairwell. There's always a few fuckers that have to come from way behind us and try to get in at the front. Yeah, well, not on my watch, buddy. If I can, I'll block you. If you manage to weasel your way in front of me, I'm not breaking stride and I will step on your heels.

It never fails that the buddinskies are the slow walkers, meandering down the corridor like it's a lazy summer stroll. Seriously? You cut me off back there and now you're going to drag your feet? Get the fuck outta my way.

2 comments:

Squiggles said...

I cut people off. When I am waiting to go down the escalator, I position myself in such a way that I take up more room on the platform and not allow people to pass me. But then again, I am a bit of a big girl.

In the tunnel to the exit, I cut people off. I veer around the "slow walkers" then cut in front and walk slower. But not slow enough to allow them to pass me.

More than a little passive-aggressive, but it works.

Bicky said...

There's an asshat that does that in the morning in Whitby. There's a group of us who stand near where the doors open (but a bit back of the yellow line to allow people to pass by us). Most people coming after us, start making a line properly. This one jerk comes and stands in front of us right up by the line. One, he thinks he's getting on before us? HELL NO!! Two, he makes it really difficult for others to get by. They end up precariously (sp?) close to the edge of the platform. This dude is totally an ASSHAT!!! Whew, I should rant more - that felt good!