Friday, August 5, 2011

It is clear that Air Canada is taking customer service cues from GO Transit.

An airplane, departing from Toronto, veers off the runway, onto the grassy knoll, sinks down and is rendered useless. Passengers are left on the airplane for three hours. Three hours!!!

When I watched the news this morning, the news reader said the passengers were only told the airplane was having equipment issues.

Equipment issues? Really? The airplane drove off the fucking runway! How is that an equipment issue?

Instead of making up some random excuse, why can't businesses be honest? The pilot should have come over the PA system:

"Um...guys? Yeah...listen. I was texting my buddy, and I wasn't paying attention, and I kinda drove off the tarmac a little. Sorry. My bad. We're just gonna sit here for a bit. The Trolly Tarts are gonna walk up and down the aisles and hand out free booze. Smoke 'em if you got 'em."

3 comments:

C.J. Smith said...

Why are corporations so afraid to tell the truth?

Jen said...

It's to limit the chances of being sued.

GOTransitBitch said...

C.J.: I think it's the whole Wizard of Oz persona...pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain, just watch the slight of hand before you and be amazed. Jerks.

Jen: I've often wondered if a class action would go through. Hmmmm....